Top 10 week continues! Today I’m looking at my favorite songs of 2014. There are a few caveats to this list. First of all, all of the songs were officially released singles. While there were some really great deep tracks this year, I wanted to make sure all of the songs here were easily acceptable. I’ll also be totally honest, this year more than others I listed mostly to modern rock on Sirius XM, particularly the AltNation and Spectrum stations. While I do enjoy a lot of rap and harder rock, I didn’t get too much into them in 2014. That being said, here are ten really great songs that I could not get enough of last year, plus two great honorable mentions.
“Tiberius” by the Smashing Pumpkins
Had this been an official single, it would have been posted very high on the Top 10 list, but instead was a deep track on their new album, released this past December.
“Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift
This song is awesome, you just need to deal with it.
10. “Sheila Put the Knife Down” by Junior Prom
09. “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon
08. “Take Me to Church” by Hozier
07. “Habits (Stay High)” by Tove Lo
06. “Back to the Shack” by Weezer
05. “Something from Nothing” by Foo Fighters
04. “My Silver Lining” by First Aid Kit
03. “Wolves” by Dreamers
02. “Dangerous” by Big Data with Joywave
01. “Gotta Get Away” by The Black Keys
What are your favorites?