- The timeline for my new webcomic Left2Right has obviously shifted multiple times. I originally envisioned it to start the week after Dear Dinosaur ended, which was now a few months ago. I’ve been really unhappy with my art on the few pages I’ve produced, which is slowing me down. Once I get to a point that I’m happy with the pages, I’ll start sending pages to colorist BJ Humphrey. I suspect we’ll finally see the comic debut on www.twoforonecomics.com this October!
- The ComplEAT Dear Dinosaur is a little behind schedule. I’ve worked on cleaning up the pages and I’ve been piecing together the anicillary materials for the book. The new pin-ups are a bit slower going, but I’m so happy with the work the artists have done that I can’t complain. My initial plan was to have the books ready this month, but we are now looking towards the books going to the printer in September.
- My graphic novel The Largest Heart with artist Dean Stahl, which follows the life of a gigantic professional wrestler and his relationship with his estranged son, is looking incredible. Dean is inking the pitch pages himself and I could not be happier with the end result.
- I have three upcoming comics that will be released from Grayhaven Comics over the next year. The first, a two page story in You Are Not Alone 2, the second is a horror western eight pager with Oren Takes Flight artist Ben Holliday, and the last is a really fun Dr. Seuss-inspired three page story in Lil’ Kaiju.
- I will begin releasing short comics digitally via Comixology late this year. These 16 page stories will introduce a lot of new concepts that I’ve wanted to write for years and I’ve lined up some really great artists. The two stories currently being worked on are a sword-and-sorcery tale and a surreal secret agent story. Both should be out by the end of the year.
- Nessy: Sword of Ohio is about 1/3 of the way completed with the art from Markk Cooper, whose manga-esque style is unlike any art that I’ve ever had teamed with my writing. I am so excited for this one-shot, which will be released digitally first.
- Going a bit slower, but looking amazing is Stray, the silent graphic novel I wrote a few years ago. Tara Coble has really stepped up her game with the designs and I hope to pitch this to publishers by the end of the year.
- Finally, The King of Cool, my one-shot with Comic Aid Press is in the final stages of production. I’ll have it ready for conventions this Fall and all profits will go to charity!
That about covers it! Watch out on Twitter and Facebook for more updates as these comics come together!